Friday, June 1, 2007

Translation Complete

I emailed our agency yesterday about the status of our dossier. I think I have some funny esp with our agency. I always seem to contact them when something progresses. The last time I called to see if our dossier had been mailed to Vietnam, and she had just put it in the mail. The message today was that their facilitator in Vietnam had just this morning contacted her to let her know that the notary office in Vietnam had finished translating our dossier. The facilitator delivered it to the DIA today. It took a little longer for them to translate our dossier than it did the first two they sent.

I had also asked if we would know when our dossier was accepted by the DIA or if they would only notify us if there were problems. She said that with the first couple they were notified of any problems and then were told when they were done reviewing them but no official log in date. I pretty much new there wouldn't be a log in date, but it sounds like we will have some indication of when they are done with our dossier.

So for the next couple of weeks I don't want to hear anything from our agency. No news is good news because if they contact us it will probably be because there is problems with our dossier. Which will mean we have to add or redo something. That means more time and money.

She also said she would notify us of any pertinent dates that would help determine an approximate wait time. I was a little surprised by this but also very excited. Since they haven't done any placements from Vietnam I didn't think they would have any way of calculating anything. But who knows, they may not know anything more until they get their first referral.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Good luck - glad to see you're moving. I'm in a similar boat, one of the first families with a recently licensed agency, and it is really tough being so patient and not always knowing what to expect. I hope things progress smoothly for you!

Jen said...

Congrats on being DTV! Hope your wait for a LID is short and sweet!

Jen said...

Oops, I forgot, you asked about the red/yellow thing. Adoptive Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections.

M. said...

Hi and best wishes from another WACAP pioneer! Keep us posted on the wait times.

autadopt.blogspot.com

Michelle and Peter said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Funny you should say that. Last night I said the same thing tom my husband "that we should just save the money and put it towards a britax." Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Michelle