Thursday, July 19, 2007

It is officially safe to eat my cooking

I will be teaching summer school in August, and it is a state law that since our school is over 50% free and reduced lunch we have to provide a snack. That is fine but it meant I had to get my food worker permit. I was lucky enough growing up to find jobs outside the food service industry. (Believe me you would not have wanted to have been served by me, I can guarantee I would have dropped something.) So this was my first time taking the test. I have to tell you though that it wasn't the hardest test I have ever taken. There were about 10 legitimate questions and the rest were "if you can't answer these I don't want you touching my food" questions. So now I have all the skills I need to pass out cheese sticks and crackers.

No comments: