Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Vietnamese Restaurant Part 2

We went to the Vietnamese Restaurant last night for the second time. This time I ordered something similar to what I had last time minus the spring roll. It was very tasty. Mike ordered a dish that had chili chicken in it. I was worried it would be spicy but it wasn't, it actually tasted a little like sweet and sour chicken. They served both dishes with a sauce that had shredded carrots in it. I don't know what it is but it was too spicy for me so I left it off.

I have also been practicing using chop sticks. I don't know if forks will be an option when we go to Vietnam so I thought it would be good if I didn't look like a complete idiot. I'm getting pretty good at picking up the big stuff like the pieces of meat. I can do the noodles but my hand starts to cramp and get very tired. I keep saying that this should be my new diet, I would definitely eat less.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Just found your blog. Congrats on being DTV! The sauce they served with your dinner was most likely fish sauce--a staple of VN cuisine. Good luck on your journey!
-Anne, PAP
http://mntovn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think I've read on other blogs that they give you forks pretty readily. Also, I don't know if it's the same with the Vietnamese, but I worked in a Chinese restaurant in college, and the Chinese people who came in (as well as the owners) would almost hunch down, with their face pretty close to the bowl or plate. This leaves less travel space from plate to face, thereby less likelihood of food falling from the chopsticks. I don't know if that's why they do it, it's just what I saw. Gah! Now I really want to go get some Chinese food!

Kathryn said...

I just don't have the patience to eat with chopsticks. I think the Chopsticks diet would be a great way for all of us to lose weight!