Sunday, October 7, 2007

Scrap booking party

I went to my first scrap booking party Friday night. It was a lot of fun. Everyone shares supplies and ideas. The best part was every time you finish a page you get a small prize provided by the hostess. I did two pages so I got this great eye cream (awesome since I'm not getting any younger) and some adhesives to put pictures in my scrapbooks.

The bad part was I was unable to take my scrap booking stuff. I had planned on coming home after work before going but I didn't make it. So the two pages I did were my friends. It ended up being her youngest daughter's baptism. Her daughter is a student in my classroom and being the youngest her scrapbook has the least amount in it, so that made it ok that I didn't have my own pages to do.

Isn't she precious:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at a scrapbooking party Friday night too! We didn't get any prizes for finishing our work, though. That would have been nice! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pages! I have never been to a scrapbooking party, how does that work?

Mike and Shelley said...

Carissa,

It was a lot of fun. It was my first party so I am not an expert. But the way this one worked is the hostess provided work space, snacks and small prizes that were wrapped up.

We sat around visiting, sharing ideas, and working on our pages. There weren't any demonstrations and there wasn't anything for sale