Saturday, April 7, 2007

Nobody said this would be easy

So I called around this morning trying to find a notary on a Saturday in our small town. I finally found someone at the bank and I was completely thrilled. I was struggling with the paperwork so we weren't able to leave right away, but we got down there just after 11:00. Everything was going smoothly, he checked our licenses, got our account number. We signed the paperwork and then he filled in the notary part. HIS NOTARY EXPIRES 4/22/07. That is like 15 days from now. I have no idea if that will be ok and of course since it is the weekend I can't call our agency to find out. The post office closes at noon so we decided to go ahead and mail it to the secretary of state. We paid for overnight both ways (of course there is no guarantees that it will come back in 1 day, I still have yet to figure out the post office). We have decided that Mike will go in a little late Monday so we can call the agency before he leaves to see if we have to get a new notary. If we have to I may have to call in a few favors at work so that I can leave to get it notarized. The good news is the paper was notarizing that it was a copy so it will be easy to redo. Just more postage and time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Even though my reply was late, I wish you good luck in your endeavor. Just a tip, be sure to look for another notary agent and if his license is about to expire. However, if you wish to keep the same agent, be sure to have his assurance that he's going to update his license asap. My five cents :)

find a notary