Monday, February 26, 2007

Dilemma

I emailed our dossier documents to our agency coordinator today so she could check them over before I send them off to have them state certified. This was her response to me:

These documents are all in really good shape. I found a few minor,
knit-picky kind of issues that I would not actually require you
to correct but you can if you would like to be extra-cautious.

All of the documents are perfect except for both our medical exams. On both forms the doctors middle initial wasn't written and on my form I printed and wrote my name with my middle name but on the notary paragraph only has my first and last name. So here is my dilemma. I have the time to get them redone but as everyone knows anything that involves a doctor is a real pain. I don't even know if I have to make an appointment or if the front desk can just take it back to have the doctor sign. No matter what, my doctor is 2 hours away so it will be at least a half day if not a full day off work. If anyone has an opinion feel free to leave a comment. Since my agency said it was optional maybe I will take a poll.

I forwarded my home study to my coordinator today also. It needs to be approved by the agency then our social worker can finalize it and get it notarized. Then we can file our i-600. Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the doctor's initial will make a difference. I know you will probably go get it fixed. I probably would too. Try mailing it first and call them. Hopefully they will get it done quickly.

Katie

Jacob, Angie, Dakota, and Austin said...

shelley
hi we just returned from vietnam on Feb 28th with our daughter and we had the same problem with one of our forms. you do not need to worry about it. the government there understands and it iss not a big deal. they are actually pretty laid back there. the U S embassy is tougher on us than the vietnam government. if you have any quetions email me at mange02@juno.com also there is adoptionbuzz.org that you can follow also

angie