Monday, February 19, 2007

Lifebook

One thing that our agency requires is that we complete a workbook that deals with International Adoption. The chapter that I just completed was making a life book for our child. A life book is similar to a baby book but it includes things that are more specific to an adoption. Pages for journaling how excited we were when we sent our application, humorous stories about our home study, our first referral photos, etc.

I just recently got rid of all my crafting supplies to make room for our new baby. So the idea of being able to start a new hobby is very appealing to me. I have never done scrapbooking before because I didn't feel I took enough photos to warrant it. But now I have this great excuse. A few years ago my sister gave me an art supply storage crate so I have decided that I can't get any more supplies than what will fit in this crate.

SHOPPING TRIP! I went to Michael's today and wandered around their scrapbooking aisles. I was in heaven, they have just about everything you can imagine. An hour and several dollars later I walked out with what I hope will be enough supplies to get me started.

P.S. Still no home study rough draft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley- I remember when you cleaned out your crafty supplies... You can come borrow and/or get advice on what and where to buy things from me.