Wednesday, March 7, 2007

4 Extra Days

As you can probably tell from the title We did not get our home study in the mail today. I still don't understand why it takes the same amount of time to send something across the state as it takes to send something clear across the country. I take some blame here, I should have arranged to have my social worker overnight the document. I know in the scheme of this long wait that 4 days is probably not the end of the world, but have you seen the top of my blog? I'm counting every second.

I had to cancel my Thursday appointment with the USCIS. They only had two appointments left for Monday, which I know I should be thankful that there were still appointments left but I was a little bummed that the earliest we could get in was 2:00. There is some risk in going in person to the USCIS. Technically in Washington (I don't know if they did this in other states too) they closed to walk ins to file their i-600 back in November. You had to mail in your application and then wait for a fingerprinting appointment. Now my Washington adoption Yahoo group has been posting that as of the end of January they have been unofficially accepting walk-ins or more specifically people who schedule an infopass appointment. They say the best day is Wednesday (I don't know why) but people have posted that they have gone on other days. So far I have not seen a single post of someone not being able to get in. Let's hope we are not the first. I know I am going to fret all day wondering if we will be able to get in, so it would have been nice to get in earlier so I could have had some peace of mind.

Now please mister postman deliver our home study tomorrow so I don't have to fret over that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley:

I'm here - lurking and reading! Good luck getting everything together. We're there with you. Homestudy in process. But another month out or so.

Take care, be patient, & keep in touch!

Tracy