Friday, March 23, 2007

A Tale of Highs and Lows

I picked up our mail today and imagine my surprise when there was an envelope from Citizenship and Immigration Services. I was so excited I mentally started writing my blog post. How surprised everyone would be that it only took a little over a week. What lucky people we are. As I continued up the driveway I began to think perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched. So I opened it up and I did not find our 171h, instead it was just a form letter telling me they had received our i-600. I know we drove 300 miles and dropped it off personally.

Adoption Update: We are still waiting on our 171h. I thought I would tell you something you already know. That seems to be the theme of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I am fascinated that you we're able to walk in and get your fingerprints done and form filed! Do you know do people to this in the Tukwila office? Thanks, Jane Golden jane.golden2@usoncology.com
Hoping to adopt a baby girl from Vietnam, home study completed 3/25--waiting on DSHS background checks