Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good News, Good News, Good News

Good News #1: Our final home study was in the mail Friday. This means we will be heading to Yakima on Monday to file our i-600. Cross your fingers that they will let us and not make us mail it in and then wait for a fingerprinting appointment.

Good News #2: We got an update from our Vietnam coordinator on Friday. She announced that our agency signed with 2 more provinces in Vietnam. They haven't released the details as to which provinces they are, just that they are in the south. I also don't know exactly when they will start placing children from these new provinces or how many children they have to place. We still have awhile but hopefully this will make our overall wait shorter.

Good News #3: Mike and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant tonight. Now anyone who knows me knows that I am a self proclaimed picky eater. If I were to make a list of foods I like and foods I don't, the don't list would be much longer. Since we announced we were adopting I have been joking that I wonder how many bags of M&M's I can pack because I don't know what I will eat when we travel to Vietnam. However, it has been important to me to really learn about the culture and I decided that I would try new things (This really is a big step for me). I ordered Bun Thit Nuong, luckily it was number 20 on the menu because I wouldn't have had a clue how to pronounce it and I wouldn't have insulted the waiter by even trying. It was Vermicelli with broiled pork and fried egg roll. Now I am not going to lie and say I loved it, but I did like it and I would go back. I actually really liked the noodles and the pork, it was the egg roll part that wasn't my favorite. Mike ordered Bun Thit Ga Va Tom Xo Xau Nuong which was the vermicelli with chicken and shrimp. I tried some of his chicken and it was really good. So I have some ideas for ordering next time. They had some dishes with chili chicken, chili pork or chili beef, but the word chili made me think they were spicy and I don't like spicy foods. Does anyone know if they are spicy or should I try them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your home study came- I'll miss you on Monday... and congrats on the food sampling! I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you tried these foods! Good job Shel!!!!! :)
Stacie